Wednesday, December 5, 2012

To Trust is to Surrender




I used to think that I had to work hard at everything, to be good at it, to succeed.  I had to be perfect.

How does that relate to a concept like trust?  Working hard at it, thinking I have to do it a certain way, to be successful, may mean I could fail, it may mean it is all up to me, and my small shoulders.

What if trust wasn't something outside of me, a concept, a state I had to attain, but rather a letting go, a surrender to a deeper gentler relationship with myself.

What would happen if I stopped struggling and fighting and could just be with myself?

How would that change the way I respond to my fear, my pain, my joy?

Would that allow a greater sense of ease, joy and self?

Would this new sense of self simply know...TRUST.


No comments: